Yummy and easy foil packet meal for camping! So good, even my carnivore fiancé liked it! There’s no “wrong way” to put this together, it’s kinda a stir fry of potatoes, veggies, and fake sausage all thrown together.
Ingredients (for 2 packets):
- 3-5 medium-small potatoes
- 1 Package fake veggie sausage (cut into bite sizes)
- 2-3 Assorted peppers
- 1 Zucchini
- Butter (optional, if able to keep it from melting)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper (any additional spices)
- Cut the fake sausage into bite sized pieces and put into a storage container to take with you.
- Cut the potatoes into bit sized pieces and put into a piece of foil. Dress with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Wrap the potatoes into a foil packet and place in the fire or on the stove. These will take longer to cook. I recommend using multiple layers of foil especially if cooking in a campfire.
- Chop the rest of your veggies (peppers and zucchini). Put these in their own separate foil packet dressed with oil, salt, and pepper (or any additional seasonings you like).
- Add your bite sized fake sausages to the veggie foil packet.
- Let the potatoes cook for about 10mins before adding the second foil packet to the fire.
- Cook both the veggie packet and potato packet for an additional 10-15mins. You should start to hear some sizzling.
Once the packets have been sizzling for a bit, take it out and give it a try. If not cooked to your liking, throw it back in for a little while longer.
Mix together the potatoes and veggies or keep them separate for a two-dish meal!